5 Countries that Offer Job Seeker Visas in 2024/2025: Many countries have had a labour shortage, partly because of COVID-19 but also for other reasons. The epidemic has significantly impacted the labour force and economies of various nations. As a result, the Job Seeker visa was introduced by governments worldwide. For a limited time, or until their visa expires, this visa permits foreign nationals to enter the nation, look for work, and do work-related tasks. To be allowed to remain in the country once they find employment, individuals must get a Work Permit.
What Is a Job Seeker Visa?
A job seeker visa is a temporary visa that allows individuals to travel to a foreign country in order to look for work.
It allows for a limited period of stay to explore the job market, attend interviews, and potentially secure a job offer, but it does not grant the right to work. Country-specific requirements and application processes differ.
Which Countries Offer Job Seeker Visas?
At the moment, the following countries provide Job Seeker Visas, which allow internationals to come and look for work, allowing them to live temporarily in countries that provide such opportunities:
- United Arab Emirates
Germany established the Job Seeker visa in 2012, which has since become one of the most popular visa categories. A long-stay visa for German nationals, the Job Seeker visa enables suitable professionals to remain in Germany and look for work opportunities. The Job Seeker visa is valid for six months in Germany.
Germany Work Seeker Visa Eligibility Requirements
To qualify for the Job Seeker visa, you have to:
- Obtain a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a German university or a comparable foreign degree.
- Have worked in your related field for at least five years.
- Present documentation attesting to your ability to sustain oneself while in Germany.
- Obtain health or travel insurance. Until you obtain a work permit, it should be valid for your stay in Germany.
How to Apply for a German Worker’s Visa
Your nation’s German embassy or consulate is where you must apply for a Germany Job Seeker visa. When you are sure that you meet the requirements to apply, the following is the procedure to follow:
- Gather all the required documents.
- Fill out the application form online.
- Schedule an appointment.
- At the embassy or consulate closest to you, turn in the application form in person along with the remaining documents.
- Attend the consulate or embassy interview.
Highly qualified workers can apply for Austria’s Job Seeker visa (category D visa) if they meet the eligibility requirements, which include scoring at least 70 points based on established criteria. The visa is valid for six months.
Conditions of Eligibility for Austria’s Job Seeker Visa
The requirements are broken down into sections for age, studies in Austria, work experience, language proficiency, and unique credentials and abilities.
Special qualifications/skills Points (maximum 40 points)
- Graduation from a postsecondary educational institution, the minimum duration of the programme: four years, 20
- In the areas of technology, natural sciences, informatics, and mathematics, 30
- Post-doctoral qualifications or PhD 40
- Research and innovation activities 20
- Awards (recognised prizes) 20
- Work experience Points (maximum 40 points)
- Work experience (per year) 2
- Six months of work experience in Austria 10
Language skills Points (maximum 10)
- German or English language skills (A1 level) 5
- German or English language skills (A2 level) 10
Age Points (maximum 20)
- Up to 35 years of age 20
- Up to 40 years of age 15
- Up to 45 years of age 10
Studies in Austria Points (maximum 10)
- 50% of the total ECTS points needed, or the second half of the diploma programme 5.
- Completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree programme or diploma 10.
How to Apply for the Job Seeker Visa in Austria
You must go to the embassy or consulate of the nation where you now reside to apply for a Job Seeker visa in Austria. Thus, the application procedure is as follows:
- Assemble all the required documentation.
- Fill out the application form.
- Submit the application form and all supporting documentation to the appropriate Austrian agent (embassy or consulate). Originals and copies of every document must be presented. Translations into German or English must be supplied if the documents are not in either language.
- To determine which embassy or consulate in your native country you need to apply to, see Austrian Representations.
The Job Seeker visa, recently launched in Sweden, permits highly skilled individuals to look for work while in the country. Although it can be issued for up to nine months, the visa has a three-month validity period.
The requirements for eligibility to obtain a job seeker visa in Sweden
The following requirements must be met for you to be eligible for a Job Seeker visa:
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or other advanced degree is required.
- Throughout your stay in the nation, you have to be able to sustain yourself.
- You have to be prepared to seek work or establish your own company. Having a well-thought-out plan in place is part of this.
- You need to have full coverage for health insurance.
- A passport valid for the entire period you will be there is a requirement.
How to Apply for the Job Seeker Visa in Sweden
You must go to the Swedish embassy or consulate in your native country to apply for a Job Seeker visa to Sweden. The following is the application procedure:
- Gather all your documents. For the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) to verify your educational records, you must enclose a letter of consent indicating that they may contact higher education institutions in your nation.
- Utilise the official website to download all of your materials.
- Complete the application online.
- Send the completed application form, the required documents, and the consent letter to the Swedish embassy or consulate in your nation of residence.
4. United Arab Emirates (UAE)
According to reports from the United Arab Emirates, an increasing flow of individuals are travelling there searching for work. Talented and highly skilled individuals are drawn to the UAE’s labour market, which is constantly expanding. A job seeker visa can be obtained in the UAE for 60, 90, or 120 days with a single entry.
Requirements/eligibility for UAE the Job Seeker Visa
- The lowest level of education needed is a bachelor’s degree, which you must possess.
- You have to be able to sustain yourself while you’re in the nation.
- Based on the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization’s classification and the most recent graduates from the world’s top 500 colleges, you have to be in the first, second, or third skill level.
- A valid passport is a requirement.
How to Apply for the Job Seeker Visa in the UAE
You must go to your home country’s UAE embassy or consulate to apply for a Job Seeker visa to the UAE. Applying for a Job Seeker visa in the UAE is generally an effortless and uncomplicated procedure. The steps are as follows:
- If you do not already have an account, create one by visiting www.gdrfad.gov.ae.
- Decide which service is required.
- Add or upload all required documents.
- Pay the fee.
- Apply and wait for a response.
Portugal is now among the few nations in Europe to have implemented the Job Seeker visa, a move aimed at mitigating labour shortages and boosting work opportunities for young people and underrepresented groups. Foreign nationals will be able to visit Portugal with this visa to look for work opportunities. The 120-day initial validity of the single-entry visa can be extended for 60 days.
What are the requirements/eligibility for Portugal’s Job Seeker Visa?
Since the visa has just recently been introduced, no specific requirements exist. However, for the whole period you are in the nation, you must:
- Possess a valid passport.
- Obtain health coverage.
- Have bought a ticket with the departure and return dates (just in case you don’t get hired).
- Make sure you have enough money to sustain yourself in Portugal.
How to Apply for the Job Seeker Visa in Portugal
You have to go to the Portuguese embassy or consulate in your native country to apply for a Job Seeker visa to Portugal. Assemble all of your papers, specifically:
- Your passport. After your return date, it should remain valid for at least three months.
- Two pictures. It needs to be current and in good shape.
- Request a criminal history check.
- Certificate of criminal history. It can only be acknowledged if it comes from the appropriate authorities.
- Valid insurance for the trip.
- Transport document.
- Evidence of financial capability.
- After gathering all the necessary paperwork, you must pay the required fees and submit the paperwork to an embassy or consulate in your native nation.
ALSO READ: Top 10 Free Job Posting Sites In Uk