How to get Truck Driver Job in Canada with Visa Sponsorship: Did you know Canada needs Truck Drivers and could be one of them? With an average salary ranging from $55,000 to $77,000 per year, truck drivers can provide a stable and lucrative career path. So whether you are just starting all over or looking to make a career change, consider becoming a truck driver in Canada. With high demand, good pay, job security, the opportunity to gain permanent residency, and a healthy work-life balance, you have plenty of time to enjoy all the beauties Canada offers. So why not take the wheel and enjoy these advantages in Canada this year?
Best Provinces to Find Truck Driver Work in Canada
Are you looking for the best places to find truck driver jobs in Canada? Here is the list of the top provinces to check out;
- British Colombia
- Nova Scotia
The above-listed provinces offer great opportunities, and you will find a perfect job.
Types of Truck Driver
There are two main types of Truck drivers in Canada; endeavour to familiarise yourself with the distinction between the two types of truck driving positions so you can determine which one best suits your scale of preferences.
- Long-haul Transport Truck Drivers: Their responsibilities are transporting goods over long distances, typically between cities, states, or even across international borders. They may require specialized training and are usually subject to additional regulations.
- Short-haul and local Transport Truck Drivers: They are responsible for transporting goods over relatively short distances, typically within a local or regional area. They usually return home each day. These Truck drivers ensure that products given to them for distribution reach their destinations efficiently and on time.
What programs are available for truck drivers in Canada?
Here is the list of popular programs available for truck drivers. These programs offer plenty of opportunities to start your journey to Canada.
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): Are you a scaled truck driver looking for work in a specific Canadian province? The Provincial Nominee program may be the right path for you. This program takes 6 to 12 months.
- The Ruler and Northern Immigration Program: This program offers excellent opportunities for immigrants seeking to work as truck drivers in high-demand provinces such as British Colombia, Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan. The program duration is between 12 to 18 months.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot: As part of the Atlantic intermediate-skilled program, you can immigrate to Canada and work as a truck driver in the beautiful Atlantic Provinces. This program takes about 12 months.
- Temporary Foreign Works Program. This program allows truck drivers to work in Canada temporarily to fill in the demand position needed by Canadian employers with the possibility to turn your temporary appointment into a permanent one.
Steps on How to Apply for Work in Canada as a Truck Driver
Here is how to apply for work in Canada with six simple steps;
- Determine your eligibility
- Secure a Job offer.
- Gather necessary documents
- Apply for a work permit.
- Wait for processing.
- And in no time, you will be set to start working in Canada.
How to Look for Truck Jobs in Canada?
There are two great options for finding truck driving in Canada;
- Online Job Search Site such as
- Indeed.com: There are a lot of truck driving jobs on this site. Visit the website and search for truck driving jobs. It would list all truck driving jobs available across Canada. Look for employers who are ready to bring in foreign workers. Read about each job and apply.
- Workopolis.com: The second website you can apply for a truck driving job in Canada is Workopolis.com. Visit the website and search for truck driving jobs; the list of all truck driving jobs in Canada will appear. Read thoroughly about each job and apply.
- Linkedin.com: You can also search for a truck driving job on Linkedin.
2. Canada’s Job Bank: jobbank.gc.ca