Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship 2024: Are you a bright, ambitious student looking to take your education to the next level? The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) 2024 might just be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. This prestigious award offers outstanding graduates unparalleled financial support to pursue advanced degrees at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. This blog post serves as a comprehensive guide for prospective applicants, detailing everything from eligibility criteria to application tips.
The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is also designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a full time PhD at NTU.
Benefits Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship 2024
The NPGS offers a comprehensive package to support your educational journey at NTU. This includes:
Full Tuition Fees: The scholarship covers the entire tuition fee for the duration of your program.
Monthly Stipend: Scholars receive a generous monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
Conference Allowance: An annual book allowance and conference allowance are provided.
Computer Allowance: A one-off computer allowance is given at the start of the program.
There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates. Preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents. To be considered for the NPGS 2024, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must have a Honours (Highest Distinction) or equivalent at Bachelor’s level.
- If you have not yet completed your undergraduate degree programme, you will need to furnish documentation from your university that you are on track to get a Honours (Highest Distinction) degree or equivalent
Coverage and Award Terms
There is no bond attached to the scholarship.
- The award is tenable for one year in the first instance and is renewable subject to good progress. The maximum period of the Scholarship is 4 years for PhD candidates, as determined by school as well as availability of research funding in each case.
|Singapore Permanent Resident
|Monthly Stipend (with effect from January 2024)
|Up to S$4,000 per financial year
(April previous year to March current year)
|Annual grant of S$500
|One time allowance of S$1,500
|One time allowance of S$600
It will be disbursed during the final year scholarship renewal.
1Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions shall be provided at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF, on top of the monthly stipend received.
2International Students must perform teaching/ laboratory supervision duties to fulfil the requirements of the Graduate Assistantship Programme (GAP). Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents may perform GAP at the discretion of the schools.
3Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) Disciplines
4Social Science & Humanities (SSH) Disciplines
5Computer Information Systems Disciplines
6Non-Computer Information Systems Disciplines
- This award also covers the annual tuition fee.
- Priority will be given for subsidised campus accommodation.
The application for Academic Year 2024-2025 (August 2024 and January 2025) will open from 01 October to 31 December 2023.
For applicants to National Institute of Education (NIE), please be informed that applications will be opened from 01 October to 31 December 2023. You may apply directly via NIE’s website at https://isaac.nie.edu.sg/Account/ApplicantLogOn
Notification of Award
Successful candidates will be informed on the outcome of their application together with the offer of admissions via email.
They are required to observe the terms and conditions for the award of the Scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When is the NPGS application window period?
Every year, the NPGS application portal is open from October to December.
2. What are the eligibility requirements for applicants to qualify for NPGS?
- There are no restrictions on candidates’ nationality. Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree with Honours (Highest Distinction) or its equivalent.
3. What are the documents required to be uploaded during their application for NPGS?
Curriculum Vitae, Educational Certificates and Transcripts, Test Scores (GRE, IELTS, etc.), Recommendation Letters, and so on.
5. If I am an international student applying for NPGS, is GRE or IELTS required for my application?
- If English is the medium of instruction in your studies, you may obtain a letter from your home university certifying the medium of instruction for waiver.
- Applicants who are not graduates of the *Autonomous Universities in Singapore must submit a valid GRE/GMAT score, unless there is a specific requirement stated on the School’s website for the respective graduate research program. The test dates must be within 5 years of the application date.
6. Is the NPGS applicable exclusively to PhD programs or does it extend to both PhD and Masters programs?
NPGS is only applicable for PhD Programmes.
7. What is the monthly stipend amount I will receive?
Monthly stipends for Computing and Information Sciences (CIS) NPGS students may be up to $5,800, while stipends for NPGS students from other Schools may be up to $4,000 per month. Schools have the option to supplement these stipend amounts at their discretion, subject to University approval.
The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship offers a life-changing opportunity to immerse in cutting-edge research while studying in the vibrant city of Singapore. We encourage all eligible candidates to seize this golden opportunity. Remember, a well-prepared application is your ticket to this prestigious award. Start early, stay focused, and give it your best shot. Good luck!