Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship for International Students – $24,000/year: These awards are open to both domestic and international students who have outstanding academic records, show research promise and are entering or continuing their doctoral studies at University of Saskatchewan (USask). Domestic student competition details to be released summer 2023.
Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship for International Students – Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for a Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship for International Students, the following conditions must be met:
- Students must be International students at USask. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are not eligible for this award.
- Students must have a minimum entering or current cumulative GPA of 80.00%
- Students must have completed no more than 24 months in a Doctoral graduate program (at the University of Saskatchewan or any other institution) at the time of nomination
- Students must be entering into or registered in an eligible doctoral program that includes a significant research component that leads to the completion of a dissertation that is reviewed at the institutional level as a requirement for completion of the program
- Students entering or registered in a joint program with a professional degree (for example, MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD, MBA, PhD) as well as clinically oriented programs of study, including clinical psychology, are eligible if they have a significant autonomous research component as described above
- Entering students must have applied for a PhD program, paid their application fee, and received an NSID
How to Apply for Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship
In addition to completing the online application, the following attachments will be required:
- Outline of Proposed Research (2 pages max.)
- Bibliography (5 pages max.)
- Canadian Common CV
- Photocopies of official transcripts from all universities attended (unofficial University of Saskatchewan transcripts will be accepted)
Each application must include two reference assessments. Assessments should be completed by individuals who are familiar enough with your research and/or other abilities that they can provide a meaningful commentary (for example, current or previous academic research supervisor, industrial supervisor, employment/volunteer supervisor, teacher or thesis advisor). Applicants must contact your proposed references to ensure they are willing to complete an online assessment.
If you need additional information, please contact us at [email protected].
Deadline: The call for applications for this award is distributed annually in the Winter term.