Are you interested in Studying in USA for bachelor’s/undergraduate with a fully funded scholarship? If yes, then apply for the Simmons Distinguished Scholar Award. The Simmons Distinguished Scholar Award is a full scholarship, covering the following;
No SAT, IELTS needed for none native English speakers. The deadline is December 1st.
About Simmons Distinguished Scholar Award
The Simmons Distinguished Scholar Award (formerly known as Kotzen) is a competitive merit award that recognizes the best and brightest students interested in a transformative education at Simmons University. This is the most prestigious award offered at Simmons, and acknowledges excellence through focus on study abroad, scholarly research, and intellectual curiosity. This scholarship is awarded for the duration of a four-year period of full-time undergraduate study, and supersedes any previously awarded merit scholarship.
2024 Simmons Distinguished Scholar Award Eligibility
- Apply as a first-year student for the fall semester
- Simmons is test optional so it is your choice if you would like to submit standardized test scores with your admission application. For those choosing to submit test scores, a 28 or higher on the ACT is recommended and a 1300 or higher on the SAT
- Non-native English speakers must submit an English proficiency test (TOEFL/IELTS, TOEFL essentials, SAT/ACT scores, or Duolingo English Test)
- GPA of 3.3 or higher, unweighted
- College preparatory curriculum including an advanced level math course during, or prior to, your senior year of high school
- A record of taking honors, advanced placement (AP) and international baccalaureate (IB) courses, as available in their high school systems
- Students who meet the criteria above are often also interested in the Honors Program at Simmons.
How to Apply for Simmons Distinguished Scholar Award
The application consists of a formal essay in response to the prompt below, as well as a resume including activities and involvements. Students should submit their essays and resume in PDF or Word Doc via email with the subject line “Simmons Distinguished Scholar Award application” by December 1. Each page of the document should include the student’s full name and date of birth.
It is the student’s responsibility to submit a working file in the proper format (PDF or Word) as we will not convert or accept incompatible files (i.e. Google Docs, Pages, etc.)
Formal Essay (of no more than 300-500 words): Write an essay in which you describe your leadership style, giving specific examples to show what kinds of experiences have crafted you as a leader, and what kind of leader you think you will become at Simmons.
Finalists chosen for scholarship consideration will be required to complete an interview in February.
Applicants must complete and submit both their scholarship application and their admission application to the University by December 1.
Finalists for scholarship consideration will be notified in mid-January. Recipients will be notified by March 1.