Are you looking for seasonal work to make extra cash? If so, then a fruit-picking Job in Canada should be on your list. The average fruit picker in Canada makes about $28,000 per year and most experienced workers make about $30,000 per year. Anyone from anywhere can apply for fruit-picking job in Canada with visa sponsorship. Fruit pickers are wanted in Canada and this is one of the easiest jobs to find for those intended to migrate to Canada. Fruit-picking job will allow you to live and work in Canada.
In this article, we will explore fruit-picking job opportunities in Canada, job requirements, and how to apply for fruit-picking jobs in Canada. We will share with you some fruit-picking farms with Jobs listing on their websites and you can apply directly to the farm owners.
Fruit picking jobs in Canada a seasonal job opportunities for foreign workers. Fruit-picking jobs are suitable for unskilled and experienced workers. Farm owners in Canada are experiencing intense agricultural workforce shortages which is why they are recruiting workers to fill labour shortages and willing to sponsor them to Canada. Fruit picking jobs in Canada are in demand during fruit picking season and this is the time to apply.
- StoreKeeper Jobs In Canada With Visa Sponsorship For Foreigner
- How to Get a Cleaning Job in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
- How to Get a Farm Job in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
- How to get Truck Driver Job in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
- How to Get a Job in Canada
- How to get Canadian Work Permit
There are different kinds of fruit to pick in Canada. If you are interested in picking apples, most of the apple-picking jobs in Canada will come from Ontario which is the biggest apple producer in Canada.
FRUITS PICKING TYPES
The most picked fruits are;
- Highbush blueberries
Fruit Picking Worker Duties
As a fruit-picking worker, you are expected to;
- Harvest fruits from the field and wash them
- Select fruits by size and types
- Pack the fruits into cartons
- Operate and maintain a variety of fruit equipment
- Load full fruit containers on the truck
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery
- Perform general warehouse duties
- Move/set ladder positions on uneven surfaces
- Place fruit bins in Orchards
Benefits of Working as a Fruit Picker in Canada
- You will receive accommodation and relocation support
- You will be provided with medical insurance throughout your stay in Canada
- Fruit picking typically required little to no prior experience.
- Training is usually given to first-time pickers.
- No degree, certificate, or certificate is required also no language certificate is required. However, you must be able to speak and understand English Language or French.
- Workers should be physically strong, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle heavy loads.
How to Get a Fruit Picking Job in Canada
Before you apply for a fruit picking job in Canada, it is important to know the provinces that employ large numbers of fruit pickers. Ontario and British Columbia are the two largest provinces that produce commercial fruits. So searching for jobs in these provinces can boost your chances of finding a Job.
Most jobs in Canada are advertised online on job sites. Here are some companies you can apply directly to;
- BC Cherry Association: If you are interested in picking cherries, there is BC Cherry Association, you will find plenty of cherry-picking jobs in British Colombia on this site.
- Jealous Fruit: The next fruit farm you should explore and apply is Jealous Fruit. They are presently hiring workers. They hire many temporary farm workers such as General farm workers, Harvesting labor, Processing plants, and Cherry sorters. This company offers a relocation fee of $20 per working day for their workers who wouldn’t stay in their camp.
You can also search and apply for fruit-picking jobs through job websites. Visit job websites such as
- Job Bank: There are a lot of fruit-picking jobs on this site. Visit the website and search for fruit-picking jobs. It would list all fruit-picking jobs available across Canada. You can filter your search through location if you want. Look for employers who are ready to bring in foreign workers. Read about each job and apply.
- Indeed: The second website you can apply for a fruit-picking job in Canada is Indeed.com. Visit the website and search for fruit-picking jobs, the list of all fruit-picking jobs in Canada will appear. Read thoroughly about each job and apply.